Day surgery and endoscopy at San Antonio Endoscopy Center offers you the advantage of easy access, reduced cost and efficient, personalized care in a pleasant atmosphere. You are able to have endoscopic procedures and return to the comfort of home the same day. San Antonio Endoscopy Center is a privately owned and operated facility. The center is approved for reimbursement by most private insurance companies.
San Antonio Endoscopy Center maintains three endoscopic treatment rooms, post-operative recover areas, highly trained personnel, and the latest in medical equipment and supplies. Each staff member is personally committed to ensuring that your experience at our Center is a positive one.
San Antonio Endoscopy Center provides endoscopic and related services, using state of the art equipment.
Your physician’s office will arrange your procedure at San Antonio Endoscopy Center. Our Benefits Coordinator will call you prior to the procedure to obtain information necessary to complete your medical records – please be expecting this important call. This will be your opportunity to finalize the financial arrangements for the Center’s portion of your care.
The admitting nurse will also speak with you prior to your endoscopic procedure to complete a History and Physical and review pre-operative instructions. Please take this opportunity to ask any questions you have concerning our facility or your procedure.
If preoperative diagnostic studies are needed, they will be ordered by your physician at a facility of his/her choice prior to the date of your procedure. Should you have questions or concerns, feel free to call your physician’s office or San Antonio Endoscopy Center for clarification.
For your safety and comfort:
- DO NOT EAT after midnight the night before the procedure. You may have clear liquids up until 3 hours before the procedure. Your procedure will be postponed if you ignore this precaution
- BATHE OR SHOWER on the morning of the procedure to minimize the risk of infection
- BRUSH YOUR TEETH on the morning of the procedure, but DO NOT SWALLOW ANY OF THE WATER
- DO NOT CONSUME ALCOHOL 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE PROCEDURE
- REFRAIN FROM SMOKING 12 HOURS PRIOR TO THE PROCEDURE. These substances can cause you to have adverse reactions to the anesthesia and medications
- WEAR LOOSE, COMFORTABLE CLOTHING and low-heeled shoes
- LEAVE JEWELRY AND VALUABLES AT HOME
- CONTACT LENS may not be worn during the procedure. Either leave them at home or bring a case for their safekeeping
- REMOVE ALL MAKE-UP AND NAIL POLISH BEFORE ARRIVAL
- HEALTH CHANGES should be reported immediately to your surgeon, even if the changes seem minor, such as a fever, cough, rash, or a cold. Please notify your physician if there is a possibility that you are pregnant
- ALL PATIENTS SHOULD BRING a valid driver’s license or other form of identification and insurance cards, so copies can be made for the Center’s records
- ARRANGE FOR A RESPONSIBLE ADULT TO DRIVE YOU HOME AND STAY WITH YOU FOR THE FIRST 24 HOURS FOLLOWING THE PROCEDURE. The effects of anesthesia and sedation will make you drowsy for that period of time
- PEDIATRIC PATIENTS should have two adults available to take them home – one adult to drive and one to attend to the recovering child
- ARRIVE ONE HOUR PRIOR TO THE PROCEDURE so that your procedure may begin as scheduled
After leaving the procedure suite, you will be moved to a recovery area where nurses will care for you until you are awake and comfortable. Prior to leaving the Center, you will be transferred to a recovery area where your family member or friend may join you. As soon as your condition is stable and you have a responsible adult to drive you home, you will be discharged. Make arrangements in advance for your transportation home.
A nurse from San Antonio Endoscopy Center will call you at home the day after the procedure to check on your recovery. If we are unable to reach you within 48 hours, you will be mailed a post-operative questionnaire to complete and return.
For your well being we recommend that you wait at least 24 hours before you:
- Drive or use power equipment
- Eat a heavy meal
- Consume alcoholic beverages
- Take mediations not approved by your physician
- Sign important papers or make important decisions
- Stay by yourself
Any problems should be reported to your physician’s office.
Most endoscopic procedures are covered by insurance. As a courtesy to you, we will bill your insurance company for their portion of the cost of your care. However, once insurance coverage has been verified before your procedure, patients are expected to pay any remaining deductible, co-pay or co-insurance when checking in the day of the procedure.
Some insurance companies make payment directly to the patient, in which case you are obligated to forward this payment directly to us upon your receipt.
Advance payment is necessary for procedures not covered by insurance or for patients without insurance. For your convenience, we accept most major credit cards.
If you have any questions relating to this facility, please call (210) 615-7232. We are here to meet your endoscopic needs by delivering personalized patient care with attention to detail.